MK Marlow Company is currently seeking a full time Senior Project Manager/Operations Manager to join our growing team. We are a mid-size commercial Acoustical and Drywall Company with multiple branches based out of San Antonio, TX. The Operations Manager is responsible for supervising multiple Project Managers and Superintendents throughout the life cycle of all commercial metal stud framing, drywall and acoustical ceiling projects. This includes, but is not be limited to, the following:
Operations: pre-construction and construction activities (scheduling, material ordering and logistics, subcontractor administration, health and safety management, etc.), cost management, project risk evaluation and mitigation, quality control, and change order recognition, development, and management.
Account Management: business development and client engagement.
Finance: reoccurring and end of project analysis and reporting, contract review, cost management and accounting.
Responsibilities will include:
- Apply extensive background and industry knowledge to support the project managers, estimators and the field to ensure they have all the tools, materials, equipment, and information they need to build the project.
- Facilitate and maintain the Business Development strategy to provide consistent backlog of new and current projects.
- Review proposal specifications and drawings to determine scope of work and required contents of estimate.
- Assemble accurate and well-organized estimates and proposals in a timely manner for Stipulated Price, Design-Build and Commercial projects.
- Negotiate and organize supplier and sub-contractors’ quotes, to ensure they meet contract documents and issue proper documented purchase orders.
- Excel in communication at all levels to develop and maintain good relationship with Project Owners, Architects, Suppliers and Subcontractors as well as clients (GC’s) to acquire new project opportunities.
- Maintains high level of communication with all branch leadership teams to keep them appraised of project status, identify major risks and opportunities, discuss resources needs, or any other information necessary to assure project success.
- Review and price all project costs, impact events and negotiate change orders.
- Complete and monitor project budgeting and scheduling with project managers and superintendents to identify any potential risks.
- Oversee direct reports and assign teams to ensure all principle duties and responsibilities are achieved.
- Maintain thorough understanding and knowledge of the company’s accounting software to run reports, resolve job cost issues and do miscellaneous project research.
- Establish and implement procedures, techniques and document controls, material delivery and flow of project information.
- Reviews, analyzes and reports project financial performance and continually makes timely market required adjustments.
- Manage, supervise and train the Project Managers or Project Engineers while focusing on their personal development.
- Self-starter with the ability to make decisions, multi-task, and meet strict deadlines
- Detail oriented and excellent organizational skills
- Strong negotiation skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to work well individually and in a team environment
- High degree of professionalism
- Precision and accuracy in calculations and documentation
- Able to work with speed and efficiency
- Excellent mathematics skills
- Ability to read and understand blueprints
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and have excellent follow up skills both internally and externally
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Handle multiple projects simultaneously and independently
- Strong sense of urgency and initiative
Qualifications & Experience:
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in construction and project management
- Commercial metal stud, drywall and acoustical ceiling estimating experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field (preferred)
- Proficiency with MS Word, Excel and estimating software (i.e. OST/QuickBid)
- Understanding of the influence of market conditions on pricing
- Valid Driver’s License and clean driving record
To apply send resume and cover letter to: email@example.com
This job description is not intended to be a complete list of all responsibilities, duties or skills required for this job and may change based on the needs of MK Marlow.